Sunday, December 21, 2014

Waiting Always Waiting


Today this painting waits to be finished.  There's two reasons, one, I repaired some smears and have to wait for it to dry and I am unsure where to go with it.  Is it finished, should there be more layers of colors?  I will sip my tea and sleep on it for a few days.  In other words, I shall wait to decide.

Of course I started a new painting during this process...this is a series of two paintings, that will be hung next to each other. 

It all began with this...
 
Then this...
 
Then...
 
Finally...
 
This is not over, never is, layers will be developed and shapes will be added.  Waiting again, for another layer to be developed.
 
To be continued...
 
In the future I will be working on a painting using this paper. I will be trying a new technique.  Oh no, I certainly won't share that technique in this post.  Stay tuned.  Now I have you waiting!
 
 
This is a Velvet Fine Art Paper, don't let it fool you, like it did me.  It is not velvet.  Don't believe everything you read.  This is another disappointment because I have been searching for velvet paper.  It is out there, but I am having a difficult time to find it.  So I will put this out in the universe and hopefully my prayer will be answered, Please help me find my way to that awesome velvet paper I was introduced to a few years ago, you know the one that comes in all kinds of colors. 
 
So I will search in this catalogue this week.
 
 
 
I am just a lady waiting for a few things. I will return to the paintings later this week.
 
 Enjoy Christmas Day!
 
Love and Make Art
Caroline
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment