Sunday, July 19, 2015

Serendipity

 
Today, it was a humid day.  It became a day of yoga, shopping for groceries and then staying indoors with the AC on.  I watched one of my favorite movies, Serendipity and finished my drawing. 
 
Serendipity: let it find you, the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something truly wonderful, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated. Finding something good without looking for it.
 
Interesting this topic surfaced.  I woke up not in the greatest mood, feeling kind of like, "Do I have anyone that relates to me?" type of mood.  I went to yoga, in a daze, due to constant need for rest, which I never get.  The yoga instructor told us the focus of the day is: Let it go.  And so I did, well I try, does that count as doing it.  I always say it is.  She said, let go of everything even the good feelings, just be, let go of what you thought your life was going to be. let me repeat that: let go of what you thought your life was going to be
 
 
 
I really needed that.  I have been letting go of what I thought would have happened by now, instead focusing on what I need to do now. 
 
What I need to do, is enjoy my time here.  I need to remain open to the possibilities that I have even if I have no idea it will knock on my door.  I need to continue believing and hoping, as that is the faith I have. 
 
And I need to finish my art in realistic amount of time!  Which I was able to accomplish today. 
I focused on the butterfly series.  And will start another very soon.
 
It was not a coincidence today was about letting go and just letting things stumble in front of me.  It was not a coincidence that butterfly symbols are everywhere around me.  It is hope that this butterfly will bring me closer to my true destiny.  Until then I will let go and make art and just be!
 
 
Below are the stages this drawing went through.  The first drawing is the final piece. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is my favorite section of the drawing.
 
 
As well as this. 
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your drawing is mesmerizing. And good advice from your yoga instructor on "letting go".

    ReplyDelete